Sunday, April 5, 2009
Can't you feel what we are missing?
How can I convince you of the happiness I could bring
Or the laughter that would ring
Or the songs that we would sing
Can’t you feel what we are missing
My body aches while you’re away
I pitch and sway I lean then fall the other way
Like the sailboat I planned to take you on
My knees buckle under me
As if I’m out to sea
But even though I taste the salt
I can’t seem to see past the stream of tears
This was not the way it was meant to be
We were anchored off a cove
Watching sunsets fade away
Swimming naked in the moonlight
Exploring islands never seen
And living life just how we dreamed
How can I convince you of the happiness I could bring
Or the laughter that would ring
Or the songs that we would sing
Can’t you feel what we are missing
I shudder and I shake
I gasp trying to catch my breath
Just the way I had hoped to make you laugh
Except this time the tears that are falling down
Are not so sweet in fact their awfully much to bitter
I had pictured this so differently
There was you and there was me
Watching movies, making fun
Doing what we could of our impersonations
And in between the heights that we would find
We would wrestle, tickle, kiss and snort
All the while in the safety of my fort
While I am driving I sing my heart out to songs
Just how we could if we would have and now how I long
But instead of chirping words like love ,joy and happiness
I scream pain, I bemoan change and lament loss
This chorus is killing me, it’s not lifting not at all
I saw us driving distances tracing plots across the globe
And all the while we drove in style singing to the world
The wind was in our hair the birds were in our wake
We left behind the things that we did hate
But instead you’ve ran away
And maybe now I am some how
Just another thing that you couldn’t wait to leave behind
How can I convince you of the happiness I could bring
Or the laughter that would ring
Or the songs that we would sing
Can’t you feel what we are missing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment