Sunday, January 18, 2015

Living and dying I am

I am but one of innumerable
Comprised of countless
Uninformed consciously
Unconsciously connected

The death of one is the death of I
The birth of one is the birth of I
Countless deaths have I died
Countless births am I born

Yet still am I angered at the death of I
Yet still am I pleased at the birth of I
The struggle of form still engages I
The acceptance of formlessness still embraces I

I am life, I am death
I am form, I am formlessness
And yet I exist between the two
Saddened and gladdened by the two

I seek the center
The middle between two extremes
Does neutrality exist
Only in peace I fear...

Can my family live in such a way
Can my family love in such a way
When greed does hold such a sway
When fear does hold such away

I pray for peace
I long for unity
I live for solidarity
I love for life

No comments: