Thursday, June 24, 2010
No assumptions inspired poem
I am not so foolish
as to be hopeful of others.
Instead,
I choose to let people live
and be pleasantly surprised
rather then predictably let down.
For too long
Have I placed faith in men...
To the point
where once I stood upon the edge of bitterness!
Starring down into those dark depths
I saw the reflection of a yet to be "me"
A Gollum like creature
Withdrawn, untrusting, and withered
Seeing myself in such a way
Gave such a powerful perspective
As to shake me
from the drunken stooper of a dream
No, rather the nightmare
that then was my life
In this awakening I was
Paradox-icly blinded
and yet gifted with new sight
As if emerging from a darkened cave
I shielded my eyes from the light of truth
So powerful it was
But as I slowly adjusted
Was I embraced in it's loving arms
Now fully immersed within the sea
At one with the ebb and flow
Do I go and yet don't go
Do I do and yet don't do
Am I am and yet am not
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment